- All terms in capital letters not otherwise defined herein, shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the EULA as they appear in here.
Personal Data that we collect and Process (“Personal Data”)
- We might collect, receive, use and process Personal Data that:
- You voluntarily provide; and/or
- We collect through your use of the Platform and Services
- We receive in connection with any consumer issues that also relate to our operation of the Platform and Services (such as refunds, customer support).
- We receive from other third parties
The Types of Information that we might collect, receive, use and process:
- Contact Information: Unique user number; first and last name; email address; telephone number; address.
- Demographic Information: location (country), location of branches.
- Hierarchy organizational structure.
- Platform Use Data: Unique access code, software version, Mobile Device type, Operating System version, Account creation date, End User activity level, Interaction with Platform features, end of program satisfaction survey.
- Support Interaction Data.
- Marketing Attribution Data – unique URLs (links) assigned to marketing campaigns or sites, coupons, retailer or third-party seller(s).
The Purposes for which we use your Personal Data.
- Provision of the Services and use and access thereto: your Personal Data as described above is used by us for (i) allowing you access to the Platform (ii) provision of the Service as intended. This is based on our contract with you as stipulated in the EULA.
- Certain Purpose: If you provide Personal Data for a certain purpose, we may use the Personal Data in connection with that purpose for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came. This is based on your consent and on our obligations under the Terms.
- We also anonymize and aggregate Personal Data (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research and data analysis.
- Marketing Purpose If, upon subscription to the Platform and the Service, you’ve confirmed your assent to receive promotional and other commercial information by Bites, then Bites shall be entitled to use certain aspects of the Personal Data for promotional purposes, such as to offer You additional products or services. Under such authorization, Bites shall not divulge such Personal Data to third parties, unless you consent to this. You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive marketing materials at any time, by contacting us at [email protected].
- Security and Dispute Resolution: We may use Personal Data to protect the security of the Platform and Services, to detect and prevent fraud, fishing, identity theft, data leakage, to confirm the validity of software licenses, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. This is based on our legitimate interest, and our contractual obligations as set forth in the EULA, as applicable.
- We use “Cookies” (whether of Bites or of third parties) to help you personalize your online experience. A Cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the Cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of Cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a Cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize your Account pages, or register with the Platform and/or the Services, a Cookie helps Bites to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your Personal Data, such as IP addresses, username and so on. When you return to the Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Platform features that you customized.
- You have the ability to accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline Cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the services provided in the Platform or other web sites you visit.
- We use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a Platform. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
With Whom We Share your Personal Data
- For data storage and cloud services, the Personal Data collected by us is stored at Amazon Web Services US.
- In order to deliver our Services, data may be processed by our third parties service providers of the following categories: email exchange servers services and SMS providers (“Suppliers”). We transfer only the minimum data that is necessary for conducting our services. The data is transferred only to suppliers approved by us that allow for compliance with GDPR.
- We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law in order to (for example) respond to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, a court or a government agency (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Platform and/or Services, (d) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Customers and/or End Users of the Platform and Services or the public, or (e) protect against legal liability.
Transfer of Personal Data of EEA data subjects, outside the EEA
- Personal Data may be transferred, stored and processed in countries outside the EU or European Economic Area (EEA). Such transfer to third countries may include countries that do not ensure adequate level of data protection laws as required by EU privacy laws. We will only transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA (1) to countries recognized as adequate by the EU commission; (2) if no adequacy status is granted, then subject to the implementation of the applicable safeguards provided by applicable law (including the GDPR); (3) if no safeguards are available, then subject to acceptable derogations as set forth in the GDPR.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
- Right of Access, Updating, Correcting and Deleting: You may have the right to request access to your Personal Data that we process. You may also have the right to request to correct or rectify any inaccurate Personal Data that we process about you, or delete it, depending on the circumstances, all subject to applicable laws and regulations, and our internal processes and procedures for complying with such requests.
- Our Platform enables you to view, edit, or delete your Personal Data independently whenever you wish to do so. You may otherwise request the deletion of your Personal Data by submitting a written request to us through [email protected]. Please note however, that deleting information from the Platform or otherwise through submitting a request to us, may have detrimental effect on your ability to use the Platform or on the performance of the Platform, and any such effects and results are at your own risk and liability. Certain information, if deleted, will effectively constitute deletion of your account and termination of your subscription.
- We will respond to requests to access, edit or delete your Personal Data within 30 days, or according to applicable law.
- We may retain your Personal Data for as long as you are an active user of the Platform and for a period of six (6) months as of your last activity in the Platform, after which it will be deleted. The foregoing is subject to certain exclusions, to the extent longer retention of certain information is required under applicable laws, or if we anticipate or have any grounds to anticipate we shall need the information for the purposes described in section 17 above. Even if we delete your Personal Data it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time due to technical issues, until written over.
- Please note that unsubscribing from the Platform does not delete Your information.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You may have the right to restriction of processing subject to applicable laws. If you wish to object the processing, you are required to contact us to: [email protected].
- You may have the right to lodge complaint with a supervisory authority. However, prior doing so, you are encouraged to contact us directly by email to [email protected] in order to resolve the issue quickly and efficiently, if you wish to do so.
Security of Personal Data
- We are committed to protecting the security of any Personal Data on our database and network. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect all Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no network, server, database or Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you disclose.
- The Platform and the Services are intended for adults. Users under the age in their current place of residence are not permitted to use the Platform and Services. We have the right to implement age verifications measures, and to subject the right to download and use the Platform to passing such verification.
Links to Other Websites
- If you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you should write to us at [email protected]. We will take reasonable steps to work with you to attempt to resolve your complaint.