At this moment, just one-fifth of workers are doing their jobs from behind a desk. That leaves the remaining 2.7 billion people who are part of the deskless and front-line workforce, with jobs that are on-the-go, and involve interacting directly with people, machines and infrastructure.
- In the field and on the floor
- Nurses, retail associates, factory line workers, construction workers, customer service representatives, technicians, traveling salespeople etc.
- The first people customers interact with, or the people who build the products that end up in customers’ hands
Frontline employees form the backbone (and face) of your company.
They are your first impression on the customer, and your brand champions. With 89% of companies expecting to compete primarily on the basis of the customer experience, they are your competitive edge.
When they are engaged, your business does better. Engaged employees are:
- 21% more productive
- 10% higher in customer metrics
- 41% less likely to have a quality incident (defect)
However, studies show that frontline employees rank among the lowest in motivation of all employee types. Are your employees as engaged as they could be?
Read the full eBook